Thursday, April 08, 2004

Bahrain Scare

The Gulf Airways aircraft that brought us to Bahrain, the transit point, was big and comfortable, with personal LCD. No more such luck on other 3 more flights. Anyway, didn't have much time to enjoy it too, as most of time I was sleeping.


This picture of military helicopter nearly caused me trouble from security guard

At Bahrain airport, I had a little scare. The incident happened when I saw a military helicopter hovered around the airport. I took several shoots of it. A security officer saw and came to said cannot take photos inside airport and worse, asked me to follow him. He brought me to a departure gate nearby and made a phone call, presumably to his superior. A miserable 5 minutes wait, but eventually he let go me, obviously because of unable to reach his superior. This incident certainly didn't leave good impression of his country in my mind.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying reading through the blog about your trip. In many countries, you can be arrested for photographing anything military, so be careful!

9/11/2008 06:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home